Yep, you guessed it. This girl has been non stop running for the past few days and probably for the next week. I will try to post as often as possible, but my school work is SUPER demanding this next week. I promise once I’m through this week I’ll be back with awesome awesome goods! I already have a HUGE list of recipes I want to make and share with you all… as soon as I find the time.
Because in college, there is no such thing as too many desserts!
My friends and I don’t waste our calories on alcohol like other college kids. We just enjoy dessert after dessert😀 I’m pretty sure I’m okay with that, not to say there isn’t the occasional glass of wine….. It pairs perfectly with dessert!
I will leave you with one recipe that me and some awesome girls made this week, enjoy!
Raspberry Cheesecake Brownie
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 oz Hershey’s dark chocolate chips
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
Cheese Cake topping:
- 1 jar of seedless raspberry jam
- ½ cup rasberries
- 2 TB lemon juice
- 8-oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350F. Butter the bottom and sides of a 8 inch metal baking pan. Put a long piece of parchment paper in the bottom of the pan, letting the parchment extend up two sides of the pan and overhang slightly on both ends. (This will make it easy to remove the bars from the pan after they have baked.) Butter the parchment.
- In a small, heatproof bowl, melt butter and chocolate together. Stir until combined and very smooth. Set aside to cool for a few minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk together sugar, eggs, vanilla extract and red food coloring. Add chocolate mixture and stir until smooth. Add flour and salt and stir until just combined and no streaks of dry ingredients remain.
- Pour into prepared pan and spread into an even layer.
- To prepare cheesecake mixture, beat cream cheese, sugar, egg and vanilla extract in a medium bowl until smooth. Mix raspberries, raspberry jam, and lemon juice in a separate bowl. Distribute the cheesecake mixture in 8 dollops over batter in the pan. Swirl in the raspberry with a knife or spatula.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, until brownies and cheesecake are set. A knife inserted into the cheesecake mixture should come out clean and the edges will be lightly browned.
- Let cool completely in pan on a cooling rack before lifting out the parchment paper to remove the brownies.
We made these Monday evening, and they were devoured by Wednesday afternoon. I guess that is what happens when there are boys around, or maybe it was mainly us🙂
Also, if you haven’t noticed my addition of the “what’s for dinner” page. Check it out! I’m going to be documenting all the dinners I make since not all of them make it on the blog, but are still pretty darn yummy!
Have a fantabulous and blessed weekend!